Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Stroke
Jessie Whitaker TREATMENT The recovery time and need for long-term treatment is different for each person.
10% Recover almost completely.
25% recover with minor impairments
40% recover with major or moderate impairments. Death from Stroke 4.4 Million deaths.
Every 3.3 minutes someone dies from a stroke.
Stroke increases with age each decade and after age 55 risk increases. THE CAUSES OF STROKES How much it cost for the US to treat stroke? 53.9 billion dollars in 2010 was spent by the US to treat people who had a stroke. This total includes health care services, medications, and lost productivity due to illness or death. STROKE STROKES OCCUR WHEN THE BLOOD SUPPLY TO PART OF THE BRAIN IS SUDDENLY INTERUPPTED OR WHEN A BLOOD VESSEL BURST.