Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Reggie Laurent "Shapely" Abstractions
Transcript of Reggie Laurent "Shapely" Abstractions
What is abstract art?
Artwork that has a simplified or stylized subject
Art that does not attempt to represent external, recognizable reality but seeks to achieve its effect using shapes, forms, colors, and textures
Who is Reggie Laurent?
Reggie Laurent is a self-taught artist based in Atlanta, GA. He has a unique, signature style, of large eye catching abstracts. They are colorful, and highly detailed works which reveal something different every time you look at them. He calls it his “artistic DNA”. He only started painting at the age of 25. Painting began as a hobby and turned into a career.
1. Use a variety of shapes to fill the page
Try to use as many original shapes as possible
2. Draw a variety of patterns on the shapes
3. Line through the background
What is shape?
What is line?
What is pattern?
what is movement?
Element of art; the path of a point moving through space
Principle of design; the repetition of lines, shapes or colors
The principle of design used to create the look and feel of action
The use of lines, colors, values, textures, forms and space to carry or direct the eye of the viewer from one part of the art work to another
Element of art; a closed line
What is a collage?
An artwork made up of cut or torn materials pasted to a surface