Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Public Health Lesson 1
Transcript of Public Health Lesson 1
What sort of lessons do you enjoy?
What do you hope to do next?
Why are you doing history?
What do you do in your spare time? Where are we currently in this section of the course?
1.Reasons for widespread poverty in the early 19th century: the operation of the old poor law and the reasons why it was controversial.
2.The Poor Law Amendment Act of 1834 and diverse reactions to it up until 1875.
3.The impact of cholera on pressure for public health legislation in the 1830s and 1840s: the role of Edwin Chadwick and John Snow
4.Local public health provision and legislation: reasons for passing the Public Health Act (1848) and reactions to it in the 1850s; reasons for the passing of the Public Health Act of 1875. Why is there such a debate about Public Health Provision? What key terms
do we need to know
for this section? Once you are happy,
copy down your final
decisions Can we recognise any of our key terms and ideas in the following articles?