Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
CDG1023 BASIC CADASTRAL SURVEYING
Transcript of CDG1023 BASIC CADASTRAL SURVEYING
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES (CLO)
Upon completion of this course, students should be able to:
1. explain the concept of cadastral survey and functions of related land and survey agencies according to individual government department. (C2,PLO1)
2. apply the concept of total station operation, datum selection and cadastral
traverse according to Cadastral Survey Regulation. (C3, PLO1)
3. conduct total station setting up, differential field test, calibration and closed
traverse according to Cadastral Survey Regulation. (P4, PLO2)
4. demonstrate the ability to solve datum selection according to Cadastral Survey
Regulation . (A3,PLO4)
This topic covers definition and datum selection as practiced in
Peninsular Malaysia, Sarawak and Sabah according to the latest regulations.
This topic covers definition of open and close traverse. It also covers bearing and distance observation, angular and linear misclosure, c correction and final bearing and distance. In addition, it exposes students in conducting close traverse and booking of the traverse and compute angular and linear misclosure, c correction, final bearing and distance.
i. Coursework (CA) – 60%
Coursework assessments that measures knowledge, practical skills and generic skills are carried out in the form of continuous
assessment. Coursework assessment total score comprises the knowledge and practical marks ONLY. It does not include the mark of
ii. Final Examination (FE) – 40%
Final examination is carried out at the end of the semester.
TOPIC 1: INTRODUCTION TO CADASTRAL SURVEY
This topic covers definition of cadastral survey, standard sheet and certified plan, objectives of cadastral survey, functions of Cadastral Survey Division, State Department of Survey and Mapping, Land and Mineral Office, Department of Land and Survey Sarawak, Department of Land and Survey Sabah, District Land Office and application for survey in Peninsular Malaysia. It also explains cadastral terms.
Academic Trip: JUPEM MALAYSIA
CADASTRAL SURVEY EQUIPMENT
This topic covers nomenclature of total station, conducts total station setting up and temporary adjustment. It also explains EDM/Total Station test/calibration, differential field test and daily checking of a survey line.
Practical 1: Setting Up the EDM/Total Station
Practical 2: Differential Field Test
Practical 3: EDM Calibration Test
LECTURE : 30 HOURS
PRACTICAL : 45 HOURS
Practical 4: Traversing