Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Defining and Non-Defining Relative Clauses
Transcript of Defining and Non-Defining Relative Clauses
Defining Relative Clauses
Defining relative clauses give detailed information
Defining relative clauses are not put in commas.
They are often used in definitions.
Non-Defining Relative Clauses
Non-defining relative clauses give additional information on something, but do not define it.
Non-defining relative clauses are put in commas.
A seaman is someone who works on a ship.
Note: In non-defining relative clauses, who/which may not be replaced with that.
For example: Elephants, which are large and grey, can sometimes be found in zoos