Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Circulatory System - Blood Vessels
Transcript of Circulatory System - Blood Vessels
Under higher pressures
Used to measure BP
Walls of vessels are thicker
The stretch of the walls are what makes you feel your pulse
Flow of Blood
From the capillaries, the
blood goes to
From the venules, the blood flows to
Then the blood flows back to the 2 largest veins called the
Flow of blood
The largest artery, called the
blood away from the heart.
The blood then moves into
, then into smaller
, and then the tiniest blood vessels called
where rapid exchange of materials occur (i.e nutrients/wastes and O2/CO2).
3 Types of Blood Vessels
: carry blood
from the heart
, O2 and waste (
) across the membrane
blood to the heart
Less muscular than arteries
Have valves to keep blood flowing in one direction
Sites of gas exchange
Closely associated with cells
Walls are thinnest