Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Could... - was/were able to...
Transcript of Could... - was/were able to...
To Express ability when referring to the past. [GENERAL ABILITY]
- When she was 7, she
already speak three languages.
- Jack was an excellent swimmer, he
beat anybody in his class.
ride a bike when I was six.
WAS/WERE ABLE TO
For a specific event.
- The fog came down and I
wasn't able to
get to the top of the mountain.
- Last saturday evening was cool, I felt good and I
was able to
run 5 km.
1. When I was young, I ... run a marathon.
2. The weather was sunny, so we ... eat outside.
3. My grandmother ... speak three languages.
4. During the weekend we ... do some gardening.
5. I ... contact him, last night.
6. When she was young, my aunt ... run for miles
7. At 4 years old he ... read quite well.