Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Consumers
2. Presentation & discussion
3. Obligations to consumers?
4. Instructor evaluation
Exam What obligations do businesses have towards consumers? relevant ethical theories and philosophers? Product
Safety legal liability contract law - contract b/w buyer and seller common law - implies certain conditions of sale government safety regulations Responsibilities
Business 1. Business should give safety the priority warranted by the product.
2. Business should abandon the misconception that accidents occur exclusively as a result of product misuse and that it is thereby absolved of all responsibility.
3. Business must monitor the manufacturing process itself.
4. When a product is ready to be marketed, companies should have their product safety staff review their market strategy and advertising for potential safety problems.
5. When a product reaches the marketplace, firms should make available to consumers written information about the product's performance.
6. Companies should investigate consumer complaints. Product
Pricing Pricing Price Fixing Price gouging Deceptive
Practices Labelling & packaging Adverts deceptive techniques.
Ads for children. Discussion
Presentations Next Week Final week of lecture!
Final Exam - week of December 04