Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Code without code smells
Avoid Mixing with Other Technologies
Use Shortcut Notations
Allow for Configuration and Translation
Keep DOM Access to a Minimum
It’s slow and there are all kinds of browser issues with constant access to and changes in the DOM.
Write or use a helper method that batch-converts a dataset to HTML.
Seed the dataset with as much as you can and then call the method to render all out in one go.
Build on the Shoulders of Giants
It is not convenient to create using the DOM, it’s flasky to use innerHTML, and it’s hard to keep track of the quality of the HTML you produce.
That way you keep maintenance in HTML and allow for customization.
a bit of history ...
The pattern was originally designed by Trygve Reenskaug during his time working on
where it was initially called Model-View-Controller-Editor.
MVC went on to be described in depth in 1995's “Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software” (The "GoF" book), which played a role in popularizing its use.
Back to the 80s =)
What is controller?
MVC vs MVP
Model View ViewModel
What the hell is this animal!?