Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Isolation (The fall of the House of Usher)
Transcript of Isolation (The fall of the House of Usher)
-Paranoia and depression Why is a concept of loneliness crucial to the overall message and feeling of the story? Edgar Allan Poe's Personal Life "I learned that the glimpse I had obtained of her person would thus probably be the last I should obtain-that the lady, at least while living, would be seen by me no more." (14) -wanted to stop incest
- realized what isolation had done to the Usher family How is the theme developed, specifically in reference to language and tone throughout the story? "I looked upon the scene before me--upon the mere house, and the simple landscape features of the domain--upon the bleak walls--upon the vacant, eye-like windows-upon a few rank sedges-- and upon a few white trunks of decayed trees--with
an utter depression of soul which I can compare to no earthly sensation..." (9-14) used solitary sounding words like bleak and vacant "Although, as boys, we had been even intimate associates, yet I really knew little of my friend. His reserve had been always excessive and habitual." (47-48) - an emotional tone of fear and doom