Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Teri M Conservation
Transcript of Teri M Conservation
1.8 million species have been described and formally named.
Estimates for total extant species 10 to 200 million
Species loss is estimated to 1,000 times higher than at any time in the past 100,000 years.
Disruption of Interaction Networks
50% of Land Surfaces have been altered by humans
Humans use over 50% of all accessible fresh water.
If the current world value for r (1.2%) remains unchanged, the world population would grow from its current 6.6 billion to 9.3 billion over the next 43 years (2050).
The Extinction Vortex
The Greater Prarie Chicken Project
The Grizzly Bear Project
Red-Cockaded Woodpecker Project
Regional and Landscape Conservation
Fragmentation and Edges
Amazon Rain Forest Fragments
Biotic boundaries and MVP
Truckee River, Nevada
Kissimmee River, Florida
Tropical Dry Forest, Costa Rica
Rhine River, Europe
Succulent Karoo, South Africa
Why we should care......