Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Restoration Ecology
Ecological Restoration is different from the 3 Rs:
Restoration Ecology is CHALLENGING!
Central Concerns of Restoration Ecology
applying the principles of ecology to the practice of restoration
The 3 R's are NOT Restoration
Reestablish the function, components, structure and complexity of the site
Relies on cooperative intervention (ecosystem mgt. approach)
Creates a self sustaining, persistent system
Mangroves recolonized the area naturally following restoration of the hydrology (1981-1996)
Success depends upon:
Crissy Field: SF's premier restoration project
"A 2012 study in PLOS Biology looked at 621 wetland projects and found most had failed to deliver promised results, or match the performance of natural systems, even decades after completion."