Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of MyPlate
Eating healthy- made simple!
Proteins function as building blocks for bones, muscles, cartilage, skin, and blood.
Make at least HALF of your grains WHOLE
Go LEAN with protein
Try something new!
milk, cheese & yogurts
You need about 60 minutes of physical activity per day!
The energy we get from food is used when we are active
Color and label your own plate as we cover the different food groups!
Vary your veggies
Vegetables contain Vitamin A which keeps eyes and skin healthy and protects against infections
The main idea
to a healthy lifestyle.
SERVING SIZE TIPS
Fruits may be...
Fruits make great snack and dessert toppings
Check fruit juice labels to make sure they are 100% juice
Fruits: 1 and 1/2 cups
Veggies: 2 cups
Grains: 6 ounces and at least 3 ounces WHOLE
Protein: 5 ounces
Dairy: 3 cups
Baby carrots and celery sticks make great snacks!
Honey Nut Cheerios
Cap'n Crunch Berries
Bread, pasta, oatmeal, breakfast cereals, tortillas
Daily Recommendation for ages 9-13 years old
Walking, Running, Biking, Swimming, Sports, Dancing, Skating, Boating, Skiing, Snowboarding