Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Reading Poetry
How do we analyse poems? technIques Imagery - The use of comparisons such as, similes, metaphors and personification What else? - By appealing to the audience's senses the poet enables the reader to CONNECT with the poem poetIc DevIces - Onomatopoeia
- Rhythm The poet gives a musical quality to the poem, conveying ideas through sounds. AND? Now, It's your turn! ConsIder the followIng Title - Why do you think the poet
has chosen this title?
Subject Matter - What is the poem about? Purpose and Theme
- What is the poet's purpose? Form - How is the poem constructed?
- Does it suit the message or meaning? EMOTION - What emotions are being expressed?
- What particular words arouse emotion?
- How does it make YOU feel? Some food for thought? Your Task 1. Read through the lyrics of Katy Perry's song
and highlight all the techniques that are used
to convey meaning.
2. When you have finished doing this, answer
the questions on your handout. Get ready to make some notes
- Pens or pencils
- Coloured markers Stimulation of the senses Step 1 Show 15 seconds of this clIp