Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Mimicry and Camoflauge
Transcript of Mimicry and Camoflauge
A defense or offensive mechanism
Camoflauge - "When a species resembles its surroundings to avoid detection." Visual Mimicry Defense mechanism used by animals to look like another species Camouflage Defense mechanism used by animals to look like their surroundings Aggressive Mimicry A form of mimicry where the predator shares signals with a harmless species to avoid detection by prey Batesian Mimicry One species shares signals with another species, but does not have the attribute that makes it unprofitable to predators Müllerian Mimicry Two or more species have very similar warning or aposematic signals and both share genuine anti-predation attributes Mimicry and Camouflage Insect Mimicry Ian Phillips