Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Love Song
I found the newborn sparrow next to
the tumbled nest on the grass. Bravely
opening its beak. Cats circled, squirrels.
I tried to set the nest right but the wild
birds had fled. The knot of pin feathers
sat in my hand and spoke. Just because
I've raised it by touch, doesnt mean it
follows. All day it pecks at the tin image of
a faceless bird. It refuses to fly,
though I've opened the door. What
sends us to each other? He and I
had a blue landscape, a village street,
some poems, bread on a plate. Love
was a camera in a doorway, love was
a script, a tin bird. Love was faceless,
even when we'd memorized each other's
lines. Love was hungry, love was faceless,
the sparrow sings, famished, in my hand. Ahmber M. Navarro there close friend The poet is reflecting on love and its idiosyncrasies. She is lost in thought and memory. She remembers the love she once had and compares it to her rescue of a baby sparrow. mood: the feeling of the poem
- sad, and lonely.
free verse: non-rhythimical
- doesn't rhyme.
character: the act of a person
- the person feels a certain way towards the bird.
conceit: unusual comparison
- love is hungry to anyones hands. Speaker : A person who understands and wants love.