Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Molly's Pilgrim
looks like this. Molly is a young Russian girl
who has just moved to
She is different than her
She is learning about
the first Thanksgiving
in school. Molly's Pilgrim
by Barbara Cohen
Daniel Mark Duffy These are some of the Yiddish words
Molly's mom uses in the story. nu, shaynkeit (shane-kite)
so, my beauty or beautiful one
nasty, vile, horrible person Some other vocabulary words in our story tenement synagogue A Preview Guide for Molly's Pilgrim What is a Pilgrim? Can you speak Yiddish? Thanksgiving pilgrims kerchief embroidered headdress Questions to think about while I read the story How did the other girls treat Molly?
Where did Molly's family come from?
Why can't they go back?
Why was Molly afraid to show her project at school?
Why was Molly called a Pilgrim?
What do you think Molly's class learned from Molly? Resources Images