Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Chuck Close Lesson Plan: Self Portraits
Transcript of Chuck Close Lesson Plan: Self Portraits
The grid Chuck Close "Close divides the photos he uses into a grid system In his earlier work, he used the grid to make the paintings. He hid the grid beneath the paint. In later work, the grid became part of the paintings. Each box became a tiny painting in itself."
" Close starts each painting with blocks of color. Then he layers colors to make each box look like an abstract painting. Together, the boxes form the image of a face Process art is an artistic movement and sentiment where the end product of art and craft, is not the principal focus.
The 'process' in process art refers to the process of the formation of art: the gathering, sorting, collating, associating, patterning
ex: Zen Tangles
ART AS PROCESS