Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
California: "The promise land"
Transcript of California: "The promise land"
Moved to the state of CAlifornia. They packed up what they could
in hope of finding better jobs and homes in the so called "promise land"
However when people arrived there conditions were not as expected. Jobs were scarce, homes were run down, and many people treated the new-comers with hostility. In hopes of getting a chance at a new
life about 2.5 million people abandoned
their homes and headed towards the promise land. In his book "Endangered Dreams" Kevin Starr said that for every 100 jobs there was
142 farmworkers. Working for as little as 15 cents.
Even thoght it was
called the "promised land"
It wasn't very promising