Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Angelman Syndrome
• Developmental delays, such as lack of crawling or babbling at 6 to 12 months, and intellectual disability.
Lack of or minimal speech
Inability to walk, move, or balance well (ataxia)
Frequent smiling and laughter
Happy, excitable personality
Unfortunately, Angel man syndrome can not be cured, but there are some treatments to help cure this disease:
Other treatments such as Anticonsulvant
Neurologist:Treats nervous system disorders
Pediatrician:Helps children who have Angel man syndrome
Behavior therapy and other therapies may help people with Angelman Syndrome
A genetic disorder causing developmental disabilities and nerve-related symptoms. Angelman syndrome usually isn't detected until developmental delays become noticeable when a baby is about six to 12 months old.
Symptoms include lack of crawling or babbling, minimal speech, and frequent smiling and laughter. Inability to walk, move, or balance well (ataxia) is also a symptom. Treatment includes anti-seizure medication and therapies to help manage medical and developmental concerns.
Is it more common in males or females?
They are more common in males.
Angelman Syndrome affected an estimate 12,000 to 20,000 people and is a syndrome that affects people all over the world