Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Media & Children with Disabilities
Transcript of Media & Children with Disabilities
Clifford the Big Red Dog
The Fear Factor
Texas Chainsaw Massacre Literature
"The invisibility of children with disabilities on television and movies affects our sons and daughters...and the exclusion of anyone who uses a wheelchair or has Down's syndrome creates more challenges for our youth than the disability." - Pamela Wilson, Special News Editor
BellaOnline.com What does this mean?
more inclusive messages
in all of childrens media better writing of moral
messages in children's media increase number of
disabled children in
all media better representation of
mentally ill/challenged in movies parental/caregiver
co-viewing Why aren't there more disabled children represented in media?
Does media effect how people with disabilities are viewed?
Would more representation produce a positive effect overall?
What specific media produce the best results? Dior's story