Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Elements in Art
Transcript of Elements in Art
Art in the Sky
Fireworks are an art display in the sky.
Chemical reaction makes it possible.
Certain elements make the colors.
The Parker 51 Pen
first the tip of the pen was made of Gold
then changed to ruthenium
cost $12.50-$50($100-$400 today)
was once "world's most wanted pen"
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Famous German Philosopher/"Scientist"
used poetry to explain how colors work
compared chemical reactions with marriage
Cadmium (up) and Bismuth (down) can be made in colorful pigments for in minerals or oil paints
Artist, Cheryl Safren, uses the relationship between chemistry and Art directly. Safren uses chemical reactions on metallic surfaces to create images. Safren's paintings interacts with their viewers through the refractive and reflective nature of the chemicals.
The Disappearing Spoon