Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Hyphens and Apostrophes
Transcript of Hyphens and Apostrophes
Any number between twenty-one and ninety-nine use hyphens. They are also used in fractions and subtraction problems.
Example: 333-22=311 What is an example of an hyphen? Without apostrophes, sentences would be longer. Without hyphens, words would be interpreted with different meanings and confuse people. Why we need them.. One example of a apostrophe is when it's used in the word "it's". Apostrophe's are used in contractions such as the one above. Apostrophe's are also used in possessive cases, such as
"That is Richard's toy" What is an example of an apostrophe? We use hyphens way more than you think, we use them to divide words and number's in word form(numbers include twenty-one to ninety-nine).