Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Email Marketing
- A branding tool - From name, subject line, pre-header
- Like a movie trailer - a preview to the main event
- There is no 1 rule fits all
- "Free" in your subject line will not get your email blocked
- Relevant to the content of the email
- Optimise the subject line for action and not just open
- What emails do you respond to?
- Use of pre-header
- Clear layout
- Call to action
- Social sharing
- Don't use images when HTML will do the same job
- Mobile Optimised v Non mobile optimised
- A/B Testing - 5% version A, 5% version B, 90% gets the best
- Split Testing - 50% version A, 50% version B
- Test everything!
Reporting & Learning
- Did the campaign achieve its goal?
- Know your stats (Open, Clicks, CTO, Unsubs, Bounces)
- Review heat maps
- Geo-analysis - where are your audience based?
- What devices / clients are your emails being opened on?
- What worked / didn't work?
- Take all of the learnings and keep improving
Thank you for listening!
- People have opted in to hear from you
- Segment the data
- Relevant Messaging
- You own the data
Email Best Practice
1. Most people have an email address
2. People want to hear from you
4. Cost effective
5. Waits in your inbox for you
1. What do you want to achieve?
3. Inbox Placement
4. The Email
Relevancy Group “Realizing the Value of Email Marketing (2010)”
72% of consumers stated, "deleted email from a marketer that wasn’t relevant to me"
59% of consumers stated, "deleted email from a marketer because I get too much email from them"
49% of consumers stated, "unsubscribed from email that I had opted in to because it wasn’t relevant"
The Obama Campaign
- Most of the $690m of online
fundraising was from Email
- A / B Testing everything
- Up to 18 different variations
- Casual subject lines
“We did extensive A-B testing not just on the subject lines and the amount of money we would ask people for,” says Amelia Showalter, director of digital analytics, “but on the messages themselves and even the formatting.”
Company - Click to Open?
DMA Benchmark - Click to Open?
Company - Clicks?
DMA Benchmark - Clicks?
Company - Opens?
DMA Benchmark - Opens?
- What do you want to achieve?
- Are your objectives realistic?
- Helps you define the rest of the campaign