Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of U.S History
Paths. How did Industrial Revolution
change the way work was performed? Name two keys American inventors and their inventions. How did these inventions help industry grow? Why did Irish and German
immigration to the United States increase in the 1840's? Francis Cabot Lowell built
a new kind of mill in the 1800's. What was new about this mill and who worked in his new mills? Why did the invention of the cotton gin lead to a boom in cotton production? How did this effect slavery? 1) Interchangeable parts soon came to be
used in the manufactured of other products. Manufacturing became more efficient. The price of many goods dropped.
2) The person who was giving credit on this idea would be Eli Whitney. The name would be the Steam-powered
textile plant, the steam engine was a reliable
source of power. It forbade anyone to take information about textile machinery out of Britain. Francis Cabot Lowell- The invention would be called the mill town Lowell, Lowell factory brought together spinning and weaving in one building. How did interchangeable
parts make mass production possible? Who was given credit for this idea? Name and show examples of the power source that made it possible to build factories away from running water. 1) What were three ways in which African American resisted slavery? The first road built that was built federally was the National Road. It begun in 1811 in Cumberland, Maryland then it stretched to Wheeling in western Virginia by 1818. Name the first road built with federal money in the U.S. and where did it start and where did it end? Name the canal proposed by New York Gov. DeWitt Cliton. Between which two bodies of water did this canal run? How did the building of this canal help farmers in the interior of the country? 1) New York Gov. DeWitt Cliton proposed a canal from the Hudson River to Lake Erie.
2) The canal ran between Lake Erie and and the Hudson River.
3) This help the farmers easier to ship crops faster and cheaper by shipping the goods by water. Explain the Missouri Compromise, and name two states that were admitted to the Union under this compromise. The Missouri Compromise
provided that the Louisiana
Territory north of the southern
border of Missouri would be
free of slavery. By: Tahjanae West Chapter 11 The Industrial Revolution began
in Britain, in the textile, or cloth-
making, industry. For centuries,
workers had spun thread in their
homes on spinning wheels. The machines would be replaced by water then to steam engines instead having a lot o hand tools with you. Richard Arkwright- invented the water frame, a spinning machine powered by water rather than human energy. British workers were producing 24 times as much thread as they had in 1765. The two states that were admitted to the Union under this compromise were Maine and Missouri.