Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Mission 3
- 3rd planet from the sun
- 5th largest planet
- only known planet that has living organisms living on it.
- the word 'earth' means 'the ground.'
- it takes about 8 minutes for light to reach earth from the sun.
made from iron and nickel
is 5400 degrees celsius
made of iron and nickel
is 2300 kilometres thick (twice the diameter of tne inner core
This is the thickest layer that is like caramel in conistency.
It is a hot mixture of molten rock
nearly 3000 kilometres thick
Surface of Earth
similar to some other planets (which I won't give away because you need to find out which ones) the surface has volcanos, mountains and valleys.
ocean covers nearly 70% of the surface of Earth
Earth's oceans also hold 97% of the water on Earth
What is earth made of?
Earth has 4 layers: an inner core at the centre of the earth, which is enveloped by an outer core, then a mantle and a crust.
this is what we live on and build on
is about 30 kilometres thick on land on average
can be as little as 3 kilometres deep on the seabed
This is an example of a poster you can create with Prezi.