Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of AVANT GARDEN
The positive by-products and benefits of the primarily filtration system of the EatMe Wall are as follows:
1) Variable plant growth: species distributed depending on the climate
2) Solar shading / control of heating and cooling loads
3) Air purification
4) Growth of plants with secondary economic value, either as food or pharmaceuticals (medical plants)
5) Spatial effect of the customizable architectural form Social Impact We hope to revitalize the social aspect of the community as well as establish a new produce co-op in the near west side. We can acheive both of these feats through the revitalization of the vacant lots in the area. Little construction would be required yet the benefits would be incredible. In our new vacant spaces, we could:
Host workshops dealing with agriculture.
Teach members of the community how to care for the vertical garden.
Host students from surrounding schools for field trips Since the space is relatively open, it can take on a variety of programs, all while being surrounded by and constantly reminded of the garden and its implications on the community. Steps to Take A library of vegetation 1. Seek out open lots.
2. Contact owners of surrounding buildings for compliancy
3. Assemble scaffolding units.
4. Make the lot public and spread the word.
5. Introduce community to growing techniques.
6. Start growing crops and establish Co-Op.
7. Sell crops for profit.
8. Assemble and revitalize new lots. FABRICATION PROCESS How it Works Avant Garden