Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Social Media Marketing: The Recipe for Success
Transcript of Social Media Marketing: The Recipe for Success
The Recipe for Success
with digital relationships,
and shared experiences.
We are Connectologists
WHAT IS SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING?
Centers around efforts to create content that attracts attention and encourages readers to share it within their social networks.
The overall objective is to gain website traffic, as well as build attention and engagement through various social media platforms.
the bIG IDEA...
THE MAIN INGREDIENTS:
• Who are we targeting?
• What is your point of action?
• Where are you placing your message, and how
will you tailor it to fit the platform?
• Why is a strategy needed?
• When is an appropriate time?
• How do you execute?
Study your audience
Sell a particular item
Increase customer base
Social media is the main entrée....
but not everyonE CAN BE THE CHEF.
captivating writing and graphics
StirRING the pot
social media is diverse
- Daily active users have reached 665 million
- Monthly active users have passed 1.1 billion
- 751 million mobile users access Facebook every month
- Mobile only active users total 189 million
- Mobile now generates 30% of its ad revenue up from 23%
- 44% growth from June 2012 to March 2013
- 288 million monthly active users
- 21% of the world’s internet population are using Twitter every month
- Over 500 million registered accounts
- Twitter's fastest growing age demographic is 55 to 64 year olds,
registering an increase in active users of 79%
- 1 billion unique monthly visitors
- 6 billion hours of videos are watched every month
- This means that 50 more hours of video are watched in March 2013
compared to last August when it was 4 billion hours a month and
last May when it was 3 billion.
- YouTube reaches more U.S. adults ages 18-34 than any cable network
- Over 200 million users
- 2 new users join it every second
- 64% of users are outside the USA
Delicatessen / Foursquare
Delicatessen / Foursquare
and Apps You Should
to put on your radar
How do you
- First Social Media campaign included...
Daily Facebook updates on menu specials
Pictures of the restaurant’s private rooms
Shared recipes from the chef
Custom YouTube Channel
Campaign became truly dynamic with traction on Foursquare and Twitter between two warring potential “mayor” competitors.
- Articles in The NY Times, Mashable and Metroxmix
- A new reputation for Delicatessen as not only a
dining hot spot, but also a brand that was having
fun with new media and engagement!
the essential ingredients: social media networks
= SUCCESSFUL SOCIAL MEDIA STRATEGY
Who's YOUR NETWORK?
- Follower interest resulted in an increase in wall posts, likes,
comments and photo sharing of meals and specialty drinks.
Potential patrons were getting intrigued
Recognized people who regularly mention Delicatessen in tweets
Making a number of people feel special
Starting a tangible buzz
- Foursquare responded by bringing in their biz Development exec, Tristian Walker, to visit the restaurant
[ S U C C E S S ]
• 100 million active users
• 40 million photos per day
• 8500 likes per second
• 1000 comments per second
• 26 of top 100 brands have more than 10,000 followers
• 98% of Instagram photos by top brands are shared to Facebook
• 7.3 million Average daily users
• 40 million average photos posted daily
49 million total pinterest users
80% of total Pinterest pins are repinned
Most followed board on Pinterest: Delicious (6.9 million)
Most Repinned Pinterest Post: Garlic Cheesy Bread (103,000 repins)
Social Media buzzwords
Social Media Analytics
Direct Message (DM)
The Klout Score measures a person’s overall online influence on a scale of 1 to 100, with 100 being the most influential. Klout’s system analyzes multiple social networks based on your engagement. It is the number in the orange box on your profile.
Discover how you influence your networks. Klout ranks your influence with a score to show how people respond to your social media posts.