Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Higher English
- Higher English: Analysis & Evaluation
- Higher English: Creation & Production
The work you complete will also count towards:
- National 5 Literacy
Higher English - Course Units
Question Papers - 70%
Writing Portfolio - 30%
Grades are awarded from A - D
Higher English - Grading
Reading for Understanding, Analysis & Evaluation (Close Reading)
1 hour 30 mins
Read two non-fiction passages.
Answer questions on passage 1.
Complete a comparison question on both passages.
Higher English - Question Paper 1
Higher English - Analysis & Evaluation
READING & LISTENING SKILLS
Answer questions on a non-fiction text
Answer questions after watching/listening to a text (Newsnight, Panorama, Scotland Tonight segment)
You will study either a selection of Scottish poetry or short stories.
You will also study additional texts for critical essay writing such as a novel, drama, poetry, non-fiction writing or Film & TV programmes.
WRITING & TALKING SKILLS
Produce discursive and creative writing.
Deliver a solo talk/participate in
Higher English - Creation & Production
Higher English - Writing Portfolio
You will produce two writing pieces for the portfolio: one discursive, one creative
In March, your writing portfolio will be sent to the SQA to be marked.
Each writing piece is worth 15 marks, making the portfolio worth a total of 30 marks.
1 hour 30 mins
Answer questions on the Scottish text(s) you have studied.
Write an essay on a text you have studied.
Higher English - Question Paper 2