Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Shelf Life Planning
Transcript of Shelf Life Planning
- Yes With Bad smell, It creates side effects too. - Previous example shows the importance
of the shelf life in industry. - So it's imperative for organizations to consider shelf life of materials at every level of supply chain before Using them Or Producing them.
- Consider following scenario
An expired raw material, If it's used - can make entire product non-sellable
If a Material is produced & Sold before the "matured shelf life" - It can't be used.
- Shelf Life Sensetive industries
Pharmceutical & Life scenice
Food Processing - Various Goverment regulations forces companies to have a track of the Shelf life Sensative Materials.
GMP(Good Manufacturing Practices)
These regulations, which have the force of law, require that manufacturers, processors, and packagers of drugs, medical devices, some food, and blood take proactive steps to ensure that their products are safe, pure, and effective.
***Shelf Life Functionalities in SAP***
Batch Management functionality in SAP ECC enables to calculate the Shelf Life expiry date
However it's not possible to plan "shelf life" in ECC.
It it is possible to do it in SAP APO
Topics to be covered - Understanding of SAP Shelf Life Planning
Shelf life Planning terminologies
Shelf Life Masters
Shelf Life Planning Processes
Planning Results Characteristics based Planning Process
- SAP Has tweaked the APO system to enable the "shelf life planning"
- Treating a Product as a configurable item
- An SPRO Settings makes this thing available
Being a CDP based planning characteristics need to be enabled for planning
- SLED (Shelf life
Shelf Life Expiry date (SLED)
- Shelf Life Plannig is a Characteristic based planning method
Why CDP (Characteristic Dependent Planning) ? In SAP ECC - Shelf life is calculated for
Screen shot in next slide should help understand the scenario