Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
SpringBoard ELA Level 1 Activity 3.24
Transcript of SpringBoard ELA Level 1 Activity 3.24
Hector Zeroni Photo based on: 'horizon' by pierreyves @ flickr With your shoulder partner also discuss these questions and write your answers on the same piece of paper.
5) What is parallel structure?
6) What is a thesis statement?
7) Why is a thesis statement important?
8) What is the difference between a thesis statement and a topic sentence?
9) Why are topic sentences important?
EXTRA CREDIT OPTION: For 1 extra credit point each, copy/print the lyrics to a song, be sure to note the artist and the year it was released, then highlight the parallel structure that is there. Let's think about Zero... Writing Review 1) Read number 1 on p 262.
2) Fill in the blanks with the appropriate vivid adjectives.
3) Read "Grammar and Usage."
4) Read number 2 and then fill in the blanks with the appropriate vivid adjectives.
5) Read number 3.
6) Do a through e. 7) Read "Grammar and Usage on p 263.
8) Read number 4.
9) Write your rough draft of the introduction in the book.
10) Edit and write your final draft on a separate piece of paper. Beginning Character Analysis... Homework:
Read Chapters 48 - 50
Catch up your bookmark and your double-entry journal
Work on the Study Guide With your shoulder partner discuss the following questions and write your answers in complete sentences on a piece of paper.
1) While Stanley and Zero recover at God's Thumb, Zero opens up to Stanley. Explain his confession.
2) Zero tells Stanley about his childhood. Summarize Zero's memories.
3) Zero has strengths the others don't seem to notice or appreciate. What are the things that Zero does well?
4) How does Zero "save the day" in Chapter 43? How does he again save the day in Chapter 47?