Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Nutrition
1 gram carbohydrate = 4 calories
1 gram of protein = 4 calories
1 gram of fat = 9 calories
1 gram of alcohol = 7 calories
Resting metabolic rate
Thermic effect of exercise
Thermic effect of food
Energy source, cell membranes, vitamins
Component of lean body mass
Recovery after exercise
Too much or too little
Fluids & Electrolytes
2 hours before exercise: 14-22oz water or sports drink
During exercise: 6-12oz water/sports drink every 15-20 mins
After exercise: 16-24oz water/sports drink for every lb lost
Primary fuel source for exercise
Also helps use fat for fuel
Breads, cereals, fruit, veggies, dairy, sweets, sports products, etc
Carbs during exercise
Delaying central fatigue
Binge eating disorder
Female athlete triad