Loading presentation...

Present Remotely

Send the link below via email or IM

Copy

Present to your audience

Start remote presentation

  • Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
  • People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
  • This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
  • A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
  • Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article

Do you really want to delete this prezi?

Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.

DeleteCancel

Make your likes visible on Facebook?

Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.

No, thanks

Rta Negotiation Case

The countries involved into this negotiation are Thor, Ariana, Frostan and Hiland
by

Catalina Lasso

on 7 May 2011

Comments (0)

Please log in to add your comment.

Report abuse

Transcript of Rta Negotiation Case

Negotiations Agenda National Coordination Session 1 The government of Thor togheter with the private sector agreed to concentrate in the protection of the sensitive industries to avoid any damage to our domestic market.

We are interested in the achievement of alliances with developing and LDC to increase our key exports and take advantages over Lakia as our strongest competition in the global stage. Sensitive Ms to protect Issues to Negotiate Origin rules for iron ore, steel and timber cannot be lower than 80% & for boats should not surpass 60% in terms of RVC Xs Ms Bilateral Negotiations Session II Which is my export interest in each partner's market?
 
What can I offer to other countries?? According to their specific interests
What we have to offer… NegotiationsWith… NegotiationsWith… NegotiationsWith… Comparition Charts Exports 2003-2005 Imports 2003-2005 Exports To Frostan Imports from Frostan Trade Balance Exports To Ariana Imports from Ariana Exports To Hiland Commitments with Frostan We are interested in the strenghten of our relationship with Frostan, we will increase the productive investment by THOR's manufacturers Commitments with Ariana Commitments with Hiland ° They will sell to us Rubber as cheap as possible, so in exchange we will give them special prices of the products that comes form this natural resource (Processed Rubber, Boats and Watches)
Timber Harvest Plan Iron Ore Development of a project together with Thor to the exploitation of the new metal, that will be sell to us at a special price with privilegies over other countries We will keep to them the GI, preferential regime with cero tariffs We will keep with them the preferential regime Ariana will be our main partner to the trade of Rubber, product that we use to the development of Processed Rubber, Boats and Watches Free tariff access for all key exports and two relevant exports Ariana: Frostan: On all key and relevant exports, equal - or better – tariff access than LAKIA already has. Hiland: Free tariff access for five of our key and relevant exports. Full tariff protection on all sensitive Ms. Tariff elimination on all relevant Ms but only after a 10-year period. Tariff elimination on neutral imports at entry into force (Imports) Transition periods not to exceeding 5 year
No TRQs. Protectionist Measures: We want to facilitate the free access of those products into our market. By lowering tariff barriers. Countries which concentrates in the exports of those products will be supporting our proposal

In contrast those who have to import those products will be opposed to the offer Liberal Measures: Liberal Measures: We are looking to eliminate tariffs on these products to increase our exports. Liberal Measures: Liberal Measures: There will be opposition from the importer countries

There will be support from the exporter countries Have been taken into account to the establishment of any commitment in which environmental damages would be avoided or controled. Avoid Zero tariffs to specific products: Ngo's interests...
Timber
Iron Ore We have not Xs to this market, the 100% comes from Lakia & Lampa with no tariffs We want to reduce the 30% to start getting into Frostan market (it doesn't import any Iron Ore) We want to reduce the 45% to start getting into Frostan market (it doesn't import any Iron Ore) We HAVE TO reduce the 25% to CERO. (We export only 27% of their total Pocessed rubber, the other 73% is from Lakia & Lampa with no tariffs) We HAVE TO reduce the 20% to CERO. (We export only 44% of their total Boats, the other 56% is from Lakia with no tariffs) We HAVE TO reduce the 25% to CERO. (We export only 30% of their total Watches, the other 70% is from Lampa with no tariffs) Ariana can be our allie to Eliminate the 15% (7% Thor, 36% Ariana, 57% from Lakia) We can eliminate the 25% gived to LDCs, Hiland doesn't send timber to us We could eliminate the 20% to developing, Frostan will be happy it Xs lots of Iron Ore Will be Ideal to bring up the 50% imposed to developing Cs. Ariana counts 57% of our total Ms, Frostan counts 43% We could eliminate the 20% to developing, in favor of Frostan and Ariana Increase the 25% to developing, Ariana counts 67% of our total Ms Alliances with Frostan into the Multilateral Negotiation Imports from Hiland Thor Our Allies would be the ones who are interested in the protection of those three industries

Our Adversaries would be those who are strong in the production and exportation of the 3 products Higher tariffs rates to those Ms. Because they are representing a threat to our national producers We aim to facilitate the Easy access of those products into our country, with lower tariffs rates, to promote the free trade and to strength international relations Relevant Ms to liberalize. Tariff liberalization for Relevant Xs We are looking to eliminate tariffs on these products to increase our exports Tariff liberalization for Key Xs There will be support from the exporter countries to liberalize trade

There will be opposition from the importer countries to protect their market No tariffs on Neutral Ms- There would be support form exporter countries of these products

And rejection from the ones that protect those industries Hiland doesnt import any Timber. We can be the first to get into this market Frostan can be our allie to eliminate the 25% and to achieve easier acces to this market (42% Thor, 58% Frostan) We have not participation in this market, (67% Frostan, 23% Ariana) they can be our aliies to eliminate the 25% Ariana can be our allie to eliminate the 10% and take advantage over Lakia (50% Thor, 25% Lakia, 25% Ariana) Eliminate the 30% (63% Thor, 37% Lakia) Frostan can be our allie to reduce the 20% and take advantage over Lampa (38% Thor, 13% Frostan, 49% Lampa) We have not participation in this market. Ariana can be our allie to eliminate the 20% and take advantage over Lakia (0% Thor, 25% Lakia, 75% Ariana) Hiland can be our allie to eliminate the 3% (17% Thor, 42% Lakia, 25% Lampa, 17% Hiland) togheter we aim to increase our exports over Lakia and Lampa Frostan can be our allie to eliminate the 3%. (65% Thor, 22% Frostan, 13% Lampa)
Ariana doesn't import any Steel, we can be the first to get into this market
We need to eliminate the 10%. (Our strongest competition is Lakia with 25% of participation, we export the other 75%
Eliminate the 3% to have advantage over Lakia-43% ; Thor-58% Frostan can be our allie to eliminate the 3%. (40% Thor, 13% Frostan, 47% Lampa)
We have not participation in the Xs of beds to this market ( the 100% comes from Lakia) we can eliminate the 15% and give them lower prices to be their main partner over Lakia
We can eliminate the 25% gived to LDCs, Hiland doesn't send timber to us
We need lots of Rubber to the development of Processed Rubber, Boats and Watches
Will be Ideal to bring up the 50% imposed to developing Cs. Ariana counts 57% of our total Ms, Frostan counts 43%
We could eliminate the 20% to developing, in favor of Frostan and Ariana
Increase the 25% to developing, Ariana counts 67% of our total Ms on this sensitive product
Eliminate the 20% to developing, Frostan will be happy it Xs lots of Iron Ore Alliances with Ariana into the Multilateral Negotiation LOGBOOK Thor will increase the technical assistance: Policy Measures Trade Regulations Market Access Negotiation Tools that give us a powerful barganing position to take advantages in the negotiations: By Catalina Lasso & David Hincapie
Full transcript