Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Comparators, Op-amp and sensors
Transcript of Comparators, Op-amp and sensors
2. Operational Amplifiers
ii. IR LED-Photodiode
Op-amps as comparators
Obstacle sensing using LED-LDR
Obstacle sensor using IR LED , Photo diode and Op Amp
* Light Dependent Resistor
* LDR’s resistance is inversely proportional to the intensity of light.
That is more the light, lesser the resistance
* Light Emitting Diode
* Generally used with LDR to complete the sensor module.
* Acts as a source of light.
* The reflected light falling on LDR helps us to judge about the surface it has fallen on.
* Can be used to differentiate dark (less reflective) and light surfaces.
* Can be used to detect close (more reflective) and distant surfaces.
* This is the IR receiver. Detects Infra red radiations.
Works similar to LED-LDR sensor. The only major difference is that it detects IR radiation and not visible light.
* Emits IR radiations.
* Used in combination with IR receiver to complete the IR sensor.
V = A (V - V )
* A comparator is used to compare two voltages.
V > V
V < V
* It amplifies the difference in the input voltages.
* Sensors are the components of robot which help them to obtain input from the environment.
* Pull-up resistor is used to ensure that floating input always reads high (1) .
Lets see this in case of a comparator.
* Reference voltage is set using the potentiometer at the - input terminal.
* Amplification gain (A) can be set using resistors.
* Op amp ICs include LM324 , IC 741 etc.
* Comparator ICs includes IC 339 (contains 4 comparators), LM319 etc.
* Amplification gain, A can be as high as 100,000
* Simplest use of Op amp is as a comparator.
* A floating voltage is an undefined open voltage.
V > V
V < V
* Comparator ICs contain the pull-up resistor so, there the output pin will read high for the corresponding cases.