Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Milestones Overview
Prebirth - 2yrs.
Seminar: "First Steps"
Core Competency: The parent as primary faith trainer.
4yrs. - 3rd Grade
Seminar: "How to lead your child to Christ"
Church Milestone Event: Baptism*
Family Celebration: Spiritual Birthday Party
Core Competencies: Jesus, Faith/Belief, Personal Sin, Repentance, Salvation, Baptism
Mile Marker 252 (Luke 2:52)
4th - 5th Grades
Seminar: "Preparing for Adolescence: Parent Edition"
Church Milestone Event: 4th/5th Retreat
Family Event: Road Trip
Core Competencies: Identity, Spiritual Growth, Spiritual Disciplines
Purity for Life
6th - 8th Grade
Seminar: "Purity for Life"
Family Event: Purity Ring Celebration
Church Milestone Event: Purity for Life Sunday
Core Competencies: Biblical Purity, Healthy Relationships, Identity in Christ, Biblical Sex
Rite of Passage
9th - 10th Grades
Seminar: "Preparing My Student for Adulthood"
Family Event: Rite of Passage Ceremony
Core Competency: Roles of Men & Women, Spiritual Gifts & Service, Doctrine & Theology
High School Graduation
11th - 12th Grade
Seminar: "Preparing my Student to Leave Home
Family Event: Parents' Written Blessing
Church Milestone Event: Senior Summit
Core Competencies: Apologetics, Dating/Marriage, God's Plan for Me, Person of Influence, Life Skills
Life in Christ
Seminar: "Life in Christ"
Core Competencies: Prayer, Scripture, Authentic Faith, Obedient Follower, Disciple Maker, Giving/Serving, Community
3 Challenges to Parents:
1. Intentional Faith Talks
2. Capture "God Moments"
3. Participate in Milestones
* Westwood only practices believer's baptism. Parents and church staff will work together to determine the readiness of any child before celebrating this milestone with the act of baptism. Children will move through the other milestones at the determined times; baptism is not a prerequisite in moving forward on the milestone path.