Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Britain VS Canada and Australia
Transcript of Britain VS Canada and Australia
Something about CANADA!
The first people => from Asia.
people hunted and fished.
The first Europeans => Vikings
Bjarni Herjolfsson was blown off course
In 1497 English king Henry VII => Jean Cabot on an expedition across the Atlantic to Newfoundland.
Cabot discovered rich fishing waters off the coast of Canada.
Great Britain was covered with ice.
the weather became warmer.
The ice melted and the sea level rose.
Celtic people called Britons settles in Britain.
They built villages and hill forts, and used iron weapons and tools.
british VS canadian
three Germanic tribes
the Angles, the Saxons and the Jutes
they spoke a Celtic language.
The Angles came from "Englaland" and their language was called "Englisc"
•our=or => colour=color
•french words like centre => center
• poutine is delicious
• bunny-hug=hooded sweatshirt
• z is zed
• adult, the accent is on the first syllable
• roof and hoof rhyme with goof
languages in canada
many languages Official bilingual
the main language is English
Official Languages spoken:
Immigrant Languages spoken:
Chinese, not specified (441,000)
american and British words
French 80% Quebec's population
- Quebec French
- Acadian French
- Mèties French
- Newfoundland French
Canada under French and British rule
17th century New French Company
England's Hudon's Bay
1760 Anglo-French war
1791 in Canada
[inside the parliament only French and English]