Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Inference Short
What is an inference?
Writers often do not state the way a character feels explicitly (Outright). Instead, writers will include details about how a character acts and readers must use these details to make inferences about the character’s emotions.
In other words: You use observations, prior knowledge and experiences, and details from the text to make connections and come up with ideas.
We are going to watch a short film and make inferences as we watch it.
Take a moment to preview the questions so you know what you will be looking for.
1. Why is the grey cloud seperated from everyone else?
What was your schema ( background knowledge ) and what were your clues ( what the animation showed you) ?
2. Describe the relationship between the grey cloud and the stork?
What was your schema and what was your background knowledge?
3. Why does the stork keep coming
back to the grey cloud?
4. Why does the stork fly away?
Think about where he goes.
5. How does the dark cloud react
to the stork's reactions?
Try placing yourself in his shoes.
6. What was the stork really doing and why?
10. How must the mother feel?
This is the time in which you should put
all the clues together. The rest of the video,
her body language, her actions, her facial expressions,
and her desires. Really be descriptive about how she
must be feeling!
What made this a good video to us to make inferences?
Think back to all the questions you just answered, but also
consider what the video was lacking that most videos have!