Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Activity series, Winkle calculations
Transcript of Activity series, Winkle calculations
To know the use of the activity series
To know calculations based on the Winkler method
To know how electrochemical cells are constructed
Watch the board
More reactive metals react with cold water
Slightly less reactive metals react easier with steam and acids
The order is....
Activity series, Winkler calculations and electrochemical cells
24th April 2107
The higher the metal...
As you go down group 7 the elements find it less easy to gain electrons. Therefore the best oxidising agents are at the top of group seven and the best reducing agents are at the ottom
ONLY metals ABOVE Hydrogen will react with acids...why?
See p. 72
Watch the boad and you will get it!!