Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
IP-MH- CH. 5-STATES OF Consciousness - PART 2
Transcript of IP-MH- CH. 5-STATES OF Consciousness - PART 2
Dreams and Creativity
The first 2 nights he woke up and scribbled the experiment on a pad. But the next morning, he couldn't tell what the notes meant. The 3rd night he got up after having the dream. This time, he went straight to his laboratory and performed the crucial experiment. . how acetylcholine helped enhance medical therapy. He is referred to as the "Father of Neuroscience"
Marijuana - THC
THC - the main mind-altering ingredient found in the Cannabis plant. Some claim that it treats or prevents nausea and vomiting caused by cancer medicines - works when other medicines do not work
Dreams and Creativity
History is full of cases in which dreams have been a pathway to creativity and discovery. a striking example is provided by Dr. Otto Loewi, winner of a Nobel Prize. He had spent years studying the chemical transmission of nerve impulses. A tremendous breakthrough came when he dreamed of an experiment 3 nights in a row. (cont.)
Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder
HPPD-Disorder Characterized by a continual presence of sensory disturbances - Different from Flashbacks by reason of relative permanence.
National Drug IQ Challenge
Any substance capable of altering attention, memory, judgement, time sense, self control, mood, or perception.
1. Who was in the dream?
2. Describe the social interactions taking place.
3. Describe activities taking place.
4. Was there striving?
5. Was the dream about good fortune or misfortune?
6. What emotions were present in the dreams?
7. What were the physical
surroundings (Hall-Van de
castle system of dreams)
The Science of Lucid Dreaming AsapSCIENCE
Clearing the Smoke: The Benefits, Limits of Medical Marijuana
Cannabis in the Brain- Minister of Health- Israel- ERA Net NEURON
How Colorado Is Doing Since Marijuana Legalization WDTN TV
1. DEPRESSANTS- Alcohol, barbiturates, tranquilizers, opiates
2. STIMULANTS- Caffeine, nicotine, amphetamines, cocaine, MDMA (Ecstasy)
3. HALLUCINOGENS- LSD, Marijuana
Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder (HPPD): What You Need To Know
The Drug Classroom
Why Is There an Opioid Crisis? Sci Show
Click on the link in the Ch. 5 Module- Prezi Links page