Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Gamification in Project Management
Transcript of Gamification in Project Management
- Explain gamification
- Describe how gamification can be used to unveil cultural differences and enhance awareness in projects
- List elements that could be used in such an approach
– lots of polls and feedback
Do we control our environment or are we controlled by it?
- Schedule delays within an internal environment with external control personnel
- Risk Management in an external control environment
Internal vs. external control
Do we do things one at a time or several things at once?
- Status reports in both environments
- Sequential PM in a synchronic environment
Sequential vs. synchronic
Do we have to prove ourselves to receive status or is it given to us?
- Young PM in an ascription environment
- Scheduling managed in an achievement environment
Achievement vs. ascription
How separate we keep our private and working lives
-Diffuse PM runs a project in a specific environment
-Communication plan in both environments
Specific vs. diffuse
What is more important, rules or relationships?
- Procurement of services in a particularist country
- Communication management in a universalist country
Assign categories to country ‚players‘ based on dominance
Allow for individual modification to properly mirror the actual situation to be simulated
Define all possible personality traits per category
Create categories as groups with the personality traits as parameters within the groups
Establish category levels of dominance
Can pinpoint on results
One or many projects
- Recreate PM situations
- Specific to the project constellation (including nationalities)
Can be played anytime/multiple times
Can create a competition if desired
Why apply Gamification
According to a 2011 Gartner Research Report it is estimated that by 2015, more than 50 percent of organizations that manage innovation processes will gamify those processes.
is the use of game-thinking and game mechanics in non-game contexts in order to engage users and solve problems.
Gamification is used in applications and processes to improve user engagement, ROI, data quality, timeliness, and learning
Project Manager with a sequential style
Mixture of universalist and particular project team members
Project to merge an incubator company into an Eiffel Tower organization
Change management with a synchronic PM
Communication management with an emotional project team
Project within an ascription environment
- Project within an achievement environment
- Authority of a PMO
Corporate Culture - Family
Do we display our emotions?
- Cost management in both a neutral and emotional environment
- Neutral PM arranges project team in an emotional environment
Neutral vs. emotional
*Do we function in a group or as individuals?
-Quality control in a collectivist environment
-Scope change management in an individualist environment
Individualism vs. collectivism (communitarianism)
Originally published 1997
Seen as being one of the seminal books on cultural diversity
Over 50,000 copies of the first edition sold
Riding the Waves of Culture
Charles Hampden-Turner (Author)
Fons Trompenaars (Author)
Define project members
Define member attributes
Are you transmitting or receiving?
Define corporate culture
Can be played as a stand-alone or in participation with others
Allows for role playing within the game
Must be multilingual
Use the basic principles from the book „Riding the Waves of Culture“ for the behavior basics
Game to be configured on a country/task level
Allow for multiple simulations – measure results from a change in behavior
Project management within a particularist environment
Mixture of sequential and synchronic project team members
Project within an ascription environment
as a tool to promote cultural understanding in projects
We can definitely help you do things right and get them done. We can also show you how to how to fix a specific problem; however, where we really shine is telling you the underlying principles and framewors to help you succeed in this complex world.
Can you resist the temptation to empower yourself with new knowledge and practical experiences, so that you can shine at work?