Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Qing Dynasty AP
Transcript of The Qing Dynasty AP
Rise of the Qing
Nurhaci - united the fragmented Manuch
Took over Beijing when invited by the Ming to liberate it from rebels
Manchu - non-Chinese
Largest Chinese empire
Queue - demonstrate manchu dominance over Han Chinese
Qianlong (r. 1736-1796)
Emulated the Confucian "Sage Emperor"
Devoted to mother
Studied the arts
Brought in a long-era of Chinese peace
Scholar-gentry stayed in bureaucracy
Top government officials Manchu
Scholar-gentry (grew more powerful)
New crops from Americas (maize & peanuts
Mandate of Heaven
Qing - pure
Emperor - son of heaven