Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Beer Game (Supply Chain Analysis)
Transcript of Beer Game (Supply Chain Analysis)
Supply Chain - Data Analysis
The Beer Game
Simulation game used to demonstrate a number of key principles of Supply Chain Management
Beer Game Modes
Normal Lead Time VS Short Lead Time
* Place Orders
* Manage Stock
* Deliver goods to Consumer
NLT VS NLT w/ Information Sharing
Stock Level (Inventory)
Which supply is more competitive ?
- the shorter the lead time the better the performance
in terms of placing/predicting orders.
SC1 is performing better than SC2 in NLT and SLT
Why more competitive ?
NLT SLT NLw/INF
SC1 572.5 390.5
SC2 1077 780.5 983.5
Ratio 94.9% 99.9%
of demand and supply
* Good coordination
Everyday low pricing
Low cost of managing inventory
Lowered risk of
Cannot prevent the risk of
Risk of cooperating with
* Prediction and proper forecast
The cost during phase3 increased significantly due to these two challenges
Both Retailer 1&2 failed to balance the inventory at the beginning which caused stock shortage later
The customer demand during phase 3 is very unstable
The bullwhip effect is obvious throughout both supply chain 1&2
--> sharing information can improve communication and coordination (result: optimized order and stock levels)
In beer game -->
both SC couldn't benefit that much from sharing information because we failed to use this service.