Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Engaging Learners with Computers
Transcript of Engaging Learners with Computers
A chapter review of Instructional Technology and Media for Learning
by Sameer AlNajdi
Using Computers in Classroom
Typing of Computer Resources
Underlying software: Mac OS, Windows, etc.
Specific programs which determine how the user and computer interact: PowerPoint, iMovie, etc.
Using Computers in Classroom
Types of Computer Resources
This chapter has 5 components
1. Skill in applying computer software to achieve desired outcomes
2. Includes knowing the components of computer and how they operate.
Strategies and approaches
1. Schools are places to earn how to learn.
2. Instructors role is facilitator.
3. Providing opportunities for students to use technologies meaningfully.
4. Action speak louder than words.
5. Student interact with computers.
6. Computer help students and teachers in
save and organize their information.
7. Engaging environment.
Learner participation; R of ASSURE
Lack of structure
How fully and seamlessly computers are integrated into the curriculum.
Need to be measurable to align with standards and objectives.
Computers are a problem-solving tools.
choosing meaningful software.
Graphing Calculators and Spreadsheets
Computers have many roles inside classrooms and to engaged students
Email, Oral, and Visual messages
Audio Resources, etc
Help teachers assists in facilitation of learning
Word Processing and Desktop Publishing
Students can gather their ideas into easily way.
Help students learn specific knowledge and skills
Games and Simulations
to learn knowledge and skills and involve in Problem-solving to be ready for the real world.
Searching and finding Information become easily than previous centuries, students and teachers can use intranet or internet to find any information, i.e. classroom databases and commercial databases.
Using software to create
Small and large group
Easy to monitor
Whole group instruction
Scheduling may be difficult
Laptop Cart Classroom
Demonstrating Professional Knowledge
1. What are techniques for integrating computer resources in the curriculum?
2. Describe five types of software that can be used in the classroom?
3. Discuss the advantages and limitations of using computer resources in learning.
4. Discuss the differences among a one-computer classroom, a multiple-computer classroom, laptop carts, and computer laboratories in terms of setups and uses.
5. Describe an appropriate instructional situation for using computer resources to support student learning. Include the setting, topic, audience, objectives, content of the materials, and rationale for using this media format.
Smaldino, S. E., Lowther, D. L., & Russell, J. D. (2012). Instructional technology and media for learning. Upper Saddle River, N.J: Pearson Merrill Prentice Hall
Example of engaging learners
watch this video clip
Let's google it.
That what your friends will say to you when you want to find any information, but in the past, they may say.....