Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of polar bears
- polar bears don't drink water , but they get all their liquid from the animals they eat
- weight of an adult male is 900 lbs and an average female weighs 500 lbs
- a scientist once recorded a male weighing 2209 pounds. That's big!!
- Did you know that Pregnant females dig snow dens and stay there for 3-4 months, and they cant eat or drink and must live off fat reserves!! she stays with her cubs till they are about 3 months and then leave the den to hunt seals. (the mother would be very hungry by then) Future Prospects For Animals Survival In my opinion I don't think the Polar Bear species will survive because of our human actions, pollution, and green house gases. As of global warming polar bears will have a tough time hunting food when the ice is melting. Many polar bears can die just because of starvation. Scientists are predicting that the Polar bear species will be extinct before the year 2050, until people start caring about these innocent animals. It's not to late to take action to save sea ice and polar bears by greatly reducing greenhouse gas emissions. Some of the things we can do to save these arctic animals are: ride a bike or walk, use public transportation, use no more water than needed, buy and cook only what you will eat, dont waste food and always reduce, reuse, and recycle. People have hunted polar bears for food, clothing, bedding, and religious purposes. Kills of the Polar bear have increased in the 1950's and 1960's when hunters began using snowmobiles, boats, and airplanes to hunt polar bears. For the last several decades, hunting has been the greatest cause for the decreasing of the polar bears. Today, polar bears are hunted by native arctic populations for food, clothing, handicrafts, and sale of skin. Hunting is currently banned in Norway and parts of Russia. Thanks for watching. I hope you learned something new about Polar Bears! Heavy ice and very cold weather have been a limiting factor for polar bears, heavy ice makes it harder for them to hunt. The Polar Bears movements over ice floes make birth, and death an extremely harsh task. Biologists estimate between 20,000 and 25,000 total Polar Bears living on earth. They range across the borders of Alaska to Russia, from Canada to Greenland, and into Norway. Scientists believe 60 percent of these Polar Bears live in Canada. They are listed as "Vulnerable" according to the IUCN Red List. Russia and Canada have also listed the Polar Bears as a "Species of Concern". Recent studies show a 22% decline in populations in the Canada's Western Hudson Bay populations, since the early 1980's. Bibliography Bibliography 1. http://polarbearsinternational.org/forstudents/polar-bears-for-kids