Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
What's the matter
Transcript of What's the matter
By William Parker and Raglan Brunswick
A solid behaves quite mildly compared to the other states of matter.
Solid molecules tend to vibrate in place and tend to hold in place and has a definitive volume.
Liquids are different from solids.
Liquid particles have more mobility than solid particles. they move all over the place, but maintain constant volume.
Gases are different from solids.
Gas has no definite volume and its particles move freely with no constraints.
Plasma differs from all the other states of matter.
Plasma acts like a gas but with charged particles that give off heat as does gas.
How to calculate density
The equation for finding density is
32/24=1.3 density is 1.3.
kinetic energy is the energy of motion
we measure this using temrature.
Kinetic energy ranking
Conduction and Convection
Convection is the transfer of heat through movement of particles, only occuring in liquids, gases, and plasma
Conduction is the transfer of heat by touch only, occurs in solids. particles transfer from hot areas to cold areas.