Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of Author's Purpose
Transcript of Copy of Author's Purpose
The author tries to hold the attention of the reader through enjoyment.
The author tries to teach or give information to the reader
The author tries to convince the reader to adopt a certain viewpoint.
What is PIE?
There are three main reasons why an author writes a piece of literature:
The general reason why an author writes a piece of literature.
The purpose is not directly stated.
The reader must use indirect clues to determine the author's purpose.
Easy as !
1. To ersuade
2. To nform
3. To ntertain
Letters to the editor
Why did the author write the text?
How do you know what the purpose is?
What textual evidence supports your conclusion?