Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Natural Gas
Advantages 1. Convenience
With natural gas, you'll never run out of fuel. Underground pipelines mean there is no disruption of supply due to storms or power outages. Unlike other heat sources that leave ashes and odours, natural gas will never leave a mess. And you'll love the convenience natural gas adds to your home - from instant, cozy heat, to precision cooking, and nice, long showers without running out of hot water.
Natural gas can save you money. Natural gas appliances are virtually maintenance-free and that means additional savings.
Natural gas can do more than heat your home. It can be used for water heating, clothes drying, cooking, and mood-setting fireplaces. It can also be used outdoors for barbecuing, gas lighting, and even to heat your swimming pool or hot tub.
There are also environmental benefits. Because it's best energy alternative today. Environmental Benefits 1. When combined with solar and ground source energy, it provides reliable, affordable and clean energy to houses and buildings. 2. Natural gas provides a scalable, flexible and affordable way to provide the critical support for renewable energy sources like solar and wind. 1. Natural gas can become an efficient fuel for on-site electricity generation
2. Canadian technology exists to switch from diesel to clean, reliable natural gas.
3. Natural gas can reduce fuel costs by 15 to 30 percent. Disadvantages 1. Pipelines
The pipeline delivery system requires complex treatment plants
These pipelines have high maintenance costs.They have high costs because they are laid underground.
Since the pipes are laid underground they require regular check ups for leakage What is a Natural Gas Exactly? A natural gas is fossil fuel in a gasseous state.
The main ingredient in fossil fuel is methane.
Natural gas can help produce electricity.
It gives off a lot heat and light when it burns, but is doesn't produce smoke.
It's a popular fuel choice because it burns cleaner, hotter, and brighter than other fossil fuels like coal and oil.
Natural gas is extratced from natural gas fields
Cavitities form in the ground when extracted from fields
Cavitities form in the ground because the pressure in the soil increases
Theses cavities can then cause the ground to sink 3.Toxic
• If the fields ,where then natural gas is extracted from, is not treated it can be toxic
• Natural gas is mainly made up of methane
• Breathing methane is can be deadly because it takes away your oxygen supply Further Disadvatages Natural gas is a nonrenewable energy source.
It is also highly flammable.
Natural gas is colourless, odorless, and tasteless. This makes leaks difficult to detect.
Storage requirements for natural gas are high. Their storage tanks require higher amounts of weight and space.
Future Benefits of Natural Gas By: Yasmin Bains &
Cassandra Lopez 4. Safety
Natural gas is one of the world's safest sources of energy used by over 15 million Canadians to heat their homes and businesses.
5. Easier, More Affordable Maintenance
Natural gas is one of the world's safest sources of energy used by over 15 million Canadians to heat their homes and businesses. The strict storage requirements, the high maintenance costs in storage and transport and the risk-bearing means of transport of the natural gas, make it expensive.
The process gas companies use to drill may contaminate nearby water sources.