Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Down Under
University Librarian & Director of Library Services
Fairfield's core curriculum is one of the most comprehensive in the country. Its primary role is to encourage students to become versatile, multidisciplinary thinkers who develop lifelong habits of the mind - to connect learning across subjects while in college and beyond.
Fairfield's University Plan
places Jesuit and Catholic Mission and Identity at its center.
Four Major Objectives are Identified:
1. The facilitation and continued integration of all programs and activities related to our Jesuit and Catholic Mission.
2. An intellectual and spiritual investigation of the Catholic and Jesuit heritage.
3. A link from this heritage to real world issues of social justice so critical to the teachings of the Church.
4. An innovative program specifically for students to examine their sense of calling and mission in their personal lives and career choices
Fairfield University, founded in 1942,
is one of twenty-eight Universities and
by the Society of Jesus (the Jesuits)
in the United States.
By integrating living and learning, and combining a broad liberal arts foundation with professional preparation, our students graduate with the tools, confidence, and vision to put their unique gifts to work as successful global citizens for the benefit of their communities and the world.
Shoreline and Train line
Connecticut's Only Jesuit University
Unique Approach to Learning
Sophomores can choose among three residential college experiences Examining questions of:
Community, Identity, and Vocation.
An intentional living experience
Fairfield University offers students from
other college &universities
semester, year, short-term study abroad experiences in:
Florence, Italy; Managua, Nicaragua;
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania;
Brisbane, Australia; and Galway, Ireland.
includes an on-campus garden...
Run by students.
The Energy Dashboad gives real time info
about energy consumption around campus.
We Educate the Whole Student- Body, Mind and Spirit.
Pathways to Learning
Students Who Enroll Cite:
Undergraduate Students: 3,300 Graduate Students: 1,300
College of Arts and Sciences
Charles F. Dolan School of Business
School of Engineering
School of Nursing
Graduate School of Education and Allied Professions
Receiving Academic Scholarship: 34%
Receiving Financial Aid: 70%
AHANA Students (African American, Hispanic, Asian,
Native American): 16%
*SAT Scores of Middle 50% Admitted Students: 1690-1910
*ACT Composite Score of Middle 50% Admitted :
Student to Faculty Ratio: 11:1
Faculty Holding Highest Degree in their Field: 91%
Undergraduate Majors: 41 Interdisciplinary Minors: 16
Graduate Programs: 41 Study Abroad Programs:
Over 100 approved programs
NCAA Division 1 Athletic Teams: 20 Number of Club Sports: 17
Student Clubs and Organizations: 80 Fulbright Awards: Over 60 students awarded this prestigious award since 1993
Of the Class of 2011 Survey Respondents:
93% Secured full-time employment, admission to graduate school or to service programs.
44% Found jobs through internships
30% Found jobs through campus recruiting
More Fast Facts