Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
POLICE DISCRETION AND COMMUNITY RELATIONS
Transcript of POLICE DISCRETION AND COMMUNITY RELATIONS
discrétion is an exercise of individual choice or judgment.
Explain some of the justifications for selective enforcment
Generally, police administrators justify selective enforcement by arguing that they do not have the personnel, financial support, or support from the community or the crimial justice system to enforce the laws strictly.
Discuss racially baised policing.
racial profiling is most frequently defind as "law enforcement activities that are initiated solely on the basis of race."racial profiling in police work to some degree has existed since the first police agencies were created as minority groups were singled out by race and ethnicity for polic attenchen as potential criminal suspects.
Identify the legal authority for selective enforcement
statutory law is usually clear on the duty of police officers when they are confronted with what they believe to be a violation of the law.