Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Domestic Servitude - History
Transcript of Domestic Servitude - History
Domestic servitude is normally a form of indentured work. Many people are promised a better life where ever they go, but some are kept in really bad conditions with no pay. Domestic servitude is specific to 'slavery' in someones home, normally focusing on the 'owner' of the 'slave.'
Sumara Iram was held in domestic servitude by her husband in February, 2013. During an 18 month duration trapped in the tiny basement with hardly any food and water she was tortured horrifically. During that period she tried to commit suicide multiple times, but stopped doing so after she realized she was pregnant with product of her husband's rape.
Thanks for watching!
By Will and Tae Su
In August, 2014 she finally managed to raise the alarm. After the police arrived she got an abortion, but she lives in constant fear as they never could capture her husband.